Image: Greta Podleski
A convenient and nutritious upgrade to the much-loved breakfast pasty.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or dairy milk)
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 small frozen ripe banana, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder*
- 1 tbsp chia or hemp seeds
- Dash cinnamon
1 Place all the ingredients in a high-powered blender and purée until smooth; serve immediately.
*If you don’t like protein powder, use 3/4 cup vanilla-flavoured Greek yogurt instead. You may need to add a bit more milk if the smoothie is too thick.
Makes: 1 smoothie
Excerpted from by Greta Podleski. Recipes Copyright © 2017 Greta Podleski, Photography copyright © 2017 Greta Podleski. Excerpted by permission of Granet Publishing Inc. All rights reserved.