Image: Jonathan Lovekin
Chestnuts and blue cheese pair perfectly with bitter radicchio in this spring salad.
- 2 tsp each: freshly squeezed lime and orange juice
- 1 tsp each: whole grain mustard and honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Drop sesame oil
- Large pinch kosher or sea salt
- 1 large or 2 small heads radicchio, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 3/4 cup ready-cooked chestnuts, broken into small pieces
- 1 cup sharp (not creamy) cold blue cheese, crumbled
1 Place all the dressing ingredients in a small glass jar and shake to mix, or whisk together in a small pitcher or bowl.
2 Place the radicchio in a large bowl and pour the dressing overtop; toss patiently and well. Add the chestnuts and most of the blue cheese and toss again, gently but thoroughly, then tip into a serving bowl and sprinkle the remaining blue cheese on top; serve.
Serves: 4 to 6