Enjoy this fresh watercress, feta and farro salad any day of the week.
Learn how to make this bright and colourful salad from Jeanine Donofrio's The Love & Lemons Cookbook.
- 1 cup farro
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp maple syrup
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 small watermelon radish, thinly sliced and chopped
- 1/3 cup dried tart cherries or cranberries
- 1/4 cup crushed walnuts
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cups watercress or arugula
- 1 cup torn basil leaves
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
1 Bring a pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the farro and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook for 30 to 40 minutes, or until tender; drain and set aside.
2 In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, garlic and maple syrup; season to taste with salt and pepper.
3 Toss the cooked farro in a large bowl with the radish slices, cherries, walnuts, feta and vinaigrette. Add the watercress, basil and mint and gently toss again. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Cook time: 1 hour
BUY THIS BOOK
Excerpted from by Jeanine Donofrio. Recipes Copyright © 2015 Jeanine Donofrio, Photography copyright © 2015 Jack Mathews. Excerpted by permission of Penguin Random House. All rights reserved.